Monday 26 October 2009

Mmm... burgers....

I love to cook... I really LOVE to cook nice food. If I had the money, the time and all the tools I would do it far more than I do now. I love it when you've gone out with an idea of what you want to make and you buy loads of lovely fresh ingredients.

Market food

A couple of weeks ago I realised that the market near where I live, in Watford, is one of the best places to buy my food and intend to buy food there more often rather than the Supermarkets.

Watford Market

So when I bought my food at the market it was to cook a birthday three course meal for my girlfriend. I got to the market at 7am on the Saturday morning, (That's almost 2 hours before I get up for work!!!), I went to the fish monger and bought some lovely Wild Sea Bass and all the other ingredients and headed home.

I think my biggest weakness is forgetting to take photos of the food I make cos this all turned out great! For a starter I made, Wild mushroom soup using two types of mushroom and served in a bowl with one giant mushroom at the centre. Main was Pan fried Wild Sea Bass served on a bed of fresh spinach which was cooked in butter, with a poached egg on top and pesto on the side. Then for dessert I had taught myself to make ice cream, (BY HAND!!!), this was very rich and creamy but oh so good... even if I do say so myself. I made a clotted cream flavour with crushed up Cadbury flake in it ... MMmmmm :o) served on chocolate drizzle with waffer straws and fans.

On saturday night I made pork burgers that consisted of minced pork with bramley apples and onion in them, pork stock cube and Wenslydale cheese with cranberries melted on top, shredded lettuce and mayo. The biggest problem was that I blended the onion and apple together then had to contend with de-juicing them.. I also had to use TWO eggs to bind this. Tasted good but again... I forgot to take photo's. I will try harder in future. My Italian burger is going to be my next burger concoction (sp?). I REALLY wanna get some of those DAMN expensive Global knives so that I finally have a blade that cuts without having to hack away at everything, (our sharpest knife struggled to get through a mushroom the other day!) and now I'm also interested in a meat mincing machine.. I have some ideas for some truly unique and awesome tasting burgers coming soon!!!

Well there you have it, a pointless blog but a blog none the less... now stop reading and get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and I'll try and respond to as many as I can ;o)