Tuesday 22 September 2009

Dreams: The Dead Emporium.



To sleep, for chance to dream.

I snoozed repeatedly today. Meandering around the 10 minute alarm break I enjoyed a game of chicken with my walk to work deadline. I am not a dreamer, normally… I am not saying I do not dream, some of my fondest moments of life are spent when my mind un-hinges from my body and I can escape a customer, a benign conversation or sum such. But this dream was too real, not so much an escape from reality but an immersion in something ultra-real. Something that actually drew to a close my game of cat-and-mouse with my arrival at work…



I dreamt I was underwater, with a group of pirate-type cads swimming. It reminded me of Pirates of The Caribbean. I don’t mean the light-hearted and fun swashbuckler of a tale, but more like the slide-show-shit -shovelling 3rd instalment. Anyway, we were swimming underwater towards the underneath of a ship. The hull of the ship was laden with dead bodies, at which point my mind stated, ’hmmm, must improve the structural integrity of the hull’. Odd I know, but I have watched a lot of Star Trek and certain aspects of Mr LaForge’s dialogue seems to have stuck.

It was at this point I realised I could not breathe. I was spluttering under the last ounce of my breath. At this point I looked up to see the surface. It was too far out of reach but I swam as hard as my dream-pirate (presumably without peg leg) body could. After what seemed like an eternity of empty sack of lung-age I reached the surface, gasping. It was at this point I awoke, gasping. I was totally out of breath, breathing as deep from my lungs as possible. Possibly reopening old arenas of my respiratory system that have long closed off to due to tar damage.

Anyway, where has this come from?

I’ve decided to explore various aspects of this out-of -body experience and see if it sheds any light upon the vagueness of my existence…

OK, so, I am gonna explore these: Ships, Pirates, Drowning, Dead bodies. I shall be using www.dreammoods.com to try and explain.

SHIPS:

‘To see a ship in your dream, denotes that you are exploring aspects of your emotions and unconscious mind. The state and condition of the ship is indicative of your emotional state. If it is a cruise ship, then it suggests pleasant moods. If it is a warship, then you are experiencing feelings of aggression.’

Hmmm, so if the state and condition of the ship indicates my ‘emotional state’ then the dead bodies reveal a possible slight cause for concern. I mean, dead bodies I am sure is not a nice sight, but to be indifferent to it and to quote a character from Star Trek to explain its usefulness could prove more worrying.


DEAD BODIES:

OK, so this website seems to not have an answer for this one. Even ‘corpses’ pulled up no results. After trying a few synonyms to get some clarity I was half expecting a link to pop up and put me straight through to either some sort of online confessional or to some sort of internet based custody. But, nothing.


DROWNING:

‘To dream that you are drowning, indicates that you are feeling overwhelmed by emotions or repressed issues that are coming back to haunt you. You may be proceeding too quickly in trying to discover your unconscious thoughts. You should proceed more cautiously and slowly. If you drown to death, then is refers to an emotional rebirth. If your survive the drowning, then a waking relationship or situation will ultimately survive the turmoil’

Balls, bollocks and bloke-bits. Over-whelmed at times, yes.
There is a nice bit at the end which unfortunately due to the word choice of this author makes me sceptical. The writer adds the letter ‘r’ to ‘you’ to make this sentence nonsense, thus making their statement redundant.

PIRATES

‘To dream that you are a pirate, suggests that you are taking advantage of others. The dream may be a metaphor that you are "pirating" something and taking something that does not rightfully belong to you’

Well, if this is the case, then I am sorry and please prompt me if I have ‘pirated’ something from you.

So, a brief surmise of events and meanings there. OK, so I don’t feel the ship is relevant, I am not a pirate and I am not drowning. The only other thing I may need to consider is the vast ark I am building of corpses in the back garden.

Maybe that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and I'll try and respond to as many as I can ;o)